bastant, una mica
- més aviat
Adverb(1) on the contrary, or instead(2) to some (great or small(3) more readily or willingly(4) to a degree (not used with a negative
(1) This is not a simple party concern but rather a matter of urgent national interest.(2) I cannot think of anybody else I would rather have as chief bridesmaid.(3) I didn't post about my Suffolk adventures yesterday, as quite frankly I was rather tired.(4) Some of the monkeys were friendly, but others were behaving rather oddly.(5) I rather thought he was showing off(6) It prefers rather to say that it offers discounts to married couples.(7) would you like some wine or would you rather stick to sherry?(8) Andrea wasn't the sort to nag, rather such a quiet, forbearing type that people would hold her up as an example.(9) Yet its members still do not see it as leading opinion, rather as reacting to government initiatives.(10) I think I would rather have been at the ancient Greek Olympiads than at the one that's coming up.(11) I'd rather hoped that we would see the desert dunes of Maspalomas as part of our trek.(12) As has been said before, this is a joint problem for clubs and the union and it needs a joint solution, or rather solutions.(13) Anyone with an ounce of compassion can see he is to be pitied rather than pilloried.(14) We all get impatient at times but most people have the maturity to hold this in check and would rather arrive late than risk not arriving at all.(15) Bloggers are also free to give their own opinions, rather than toe the party line in the way that some journalists have to.(16) That has to be a question of opinion rather than fact, so it depends on what you make of the evidence.
(1) rather than :: enlloc de
(2) would rather :: preferiria
(3) or rather :: o millor
(4) but rather :: sinó més aviat
(5) rather then :: en lloc de
(6) rather like :: més aviat com
(7) rather good :: bastant bo
(8) rather fat :: en lloc de greix
1. sooner ::
2. quite ::
3. more precisely ::
4. more ::
5. on the contrary ::
6. kind of ::
7. instead ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You surrender RATHER easily.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
I'd RATHER have a mother.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
Never. I'd RATHER see Monte dead
than in your hands.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
and I'd RATHER not see you no more.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
- Oh. I'd RATHER not say, heh.
- Howard, if you want my help...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
English to Catalan Dictionary: rather
Meaning and definitions of rather, translation in Catalan language for rather with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of rather in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "rather"
What rather means in Catalan, rather meaning
in Catalan, rather definition, examples and pronunciation
of rather in Catalan language.