Noun(1) a magnitude or frequency relative to a time unit(2) amount of a charge or payment relative to some basis(3) the relative speed of progress or change(4) a quantity or amount or measure considered as a proportion of another quantity or amount or measure
Verb(1) assign a rank or rating to(2) be worthy of or have a certain rating(3) estimate the value of
(1) your heart rate(2) failure rate(3) They also want overtime to be paid at time-and-a-half and double the hourly rate , with full pay for the first six months that miners are off sick.(4) a Ôö¼├║3.40 minimum hourly rate of pay(5) Repayments will increase dramatically if the rate moves towards 3%, as predicted.(6) The actual average annual exchange rate in 1978 was US $0.877 / CA $1.00.(7) Across the country this year's pass rate soared to 96 per cent - the 22nd annual rise in a row.(8) The rental rate includes all the fixed costs of operating a facility expressed on a square footage basis.(9) market rate(10) They try to judge their speed with its rate of descent, and mistakes happen.(11) the crime rate rose by 26 percent(12) A person on $60,000 pays a marginal tax rate of 47 per cent on the next dollar they earn.(13) Oh who am I kidding, the thought of riding wasn't the only thing that was causing my heart rate to speed up.(14) If she gets pregnant, the interest rate drops by one basis point for one year.(15) you can rate it excellent, good or poor(16) On exiting the scheme, tax is charged at a rate of 23 per cent on the interest earned.
(1) exchange rate :: tipus de canvi
(2) interest rate :: taxa d'interès
(3) flow rate :: velocitat de flux
(4) frame rate :: velocitat de fotogrames
(5) heart rate :: ritme cardíac
(6) at any rate :: a qualsevol preu
(7) tax rate :: taxa d'impost
(8) growth rate :: índex de creixement
(9) discount rate :: taxa de descompte
1. percentage ::
2. charge ::
3. speed ::
4. pace ::
5. assess ::
6. consider ::
7. merit ::
8. order ::
9. value ::
prorate, prorates, rate, rated, rates
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Agreed. Rate of gossip transmission
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
Okay, I'm zeroing out the electro-osmotic
flow RATE in the micro-fluidic channel.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
At any RATE, l thought
you should hear it from me.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
No, no. That RATE is much too low from
what we'd expect from this collision.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
- What's the exchange RATE?
- None of your business. Take it or leave it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 14
English to Catalan Dictionary: rate
Meaning and definitions of rate, translation in Catalan language for rate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of rate in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "rate"
What rate means in Catalan, rate meaning
in Catalan, rate definition, examples and pronunciation
of rate in Catalan language.