Adjective(1) enjoying or showing or marked by joy or pleasure(2) marked by good fortune(3) eagerly disposed to act or to be of service(4) well expressed and to the point
(1) to be perfectly happy with sth(2) I am happy to play the game as long as I am entitled to win some points occasionally.(3) A happy birthday is wished to Kieran Dunne from his many friends.(4) Every time a major tournament comes round we seem quite happy to plod through games and play it safe.(5) He had a natural affinity with the land and was always glad and happy to help his neighbours.(6) It wouldn't be right if I didn't wish happy birthday to somebody, now would it?(7) she looked happy(8) Andrew's always had that happy knack of cutting straight to the chase, delighting and upsetting in roughly equal measures.(9) he felt happy there(10) For all of the first half, France appeared happy to play the game on Ireland's terms.(11) I quickly ran to him and wished him happy birthday and he in return hugged me and told me to sit in the blanket because I was very cold.(12) There was no way I was going to escape from this situation with a happy ending.(13) McDowell has the happy knack of convincing us that all he wants to do with his life is to serve the people.(14) As a reviewer, sometimes I'm perfectly happy to receive a game well after it's been released.(15) So long as advisers are happy to provide good quality financial advice for a fair and open fee, they should have nothing to fear.(16) She has the happy knack of making the most mundane report appear interesting.
(1) happy hour :: hora feliç
(2) very happy :: molt feliç
(3) happy ending :: final feliç
(4) happy day :: dia feliç
(5) happy end :: final feliç
(6) happy life :: vida feliç
(7) feel happy :: sentir-se feliç
(8) happy-go-lucky :: caminant amb felicitat
(9) make happy :: fer feliç
(10) stay happy :: romandre feliç
1. cheerful ::
2. glad ::
3. fortunate ::
4. felicitous ::
5. well-chosen ::
1. hapless ::
2. unfortunate ::
3. unhappy ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Have me flogged if it makes you HAPPY.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
I'm really HAPPY
you and Amy are back together.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 11
I have to say,
I am HAPPY with your OB-GYN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 4
The lonely guy
and the two HAPPY couples?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
We're committed to each other. We're HAPPY.
A ceremony isn't gonna change anything.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
English to Catalan Dictionary: happy
Meaning and definitions of happy, translation in Catalan language for happy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of happy in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "happy"
What happy means in Catalan, happy meaning
in Catalan, happy definition, examples and pronunciation
of happy in Catalan language.