- a partaparts
Noun(1) a line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage(2) a message that departs from the main subject
Adverb(1) on or to one side(2) out of the way (especially away from one's thoughts(3) not taken into account or excluded from consideration(4) in a different direction(5) placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose(6) in reserve; not for immediate use
(1) Joking aside , he says the weekly meetings at his club are not just a forum for discussion, but change.(2) We are speeding up, and given this rate we should catch up pretty quick - even leaving aside the new wildly new cool things we are planning to launch in the next few months.(3) Bills or no bills you've got to put something aside for the future.(4) The distressed skipper heard an aside which sounded something like - ├ö├ç├┐that tells us a lot├ö├ç├û.(5) he pushed his plate aside(6) Someone pushed the guy aside and stood in the doorway.(7) I think it is a reasonable and economically responsible move to put funding aside for future public service superannuation.(8) All insurance companies have special experts called actuaries, who assess how much money needs to be put aside in reserve for future claims against an insurance company.(9) Her father pushed aside a plate full of sandwiches, and went through the report thoughtfully, while listening to her narration.(10) Errors aside , the book is distractingly overwritten.(11) Now that you know how to track and control your spending, it's time to start setting aside extra for the future.(12) she must put aside all her antagonistic feelings(13) they stood aside to let a car pass(14) I had reserve chapters put aside in case of writer's block.(15) she set aside some money for rent(16) It was an occasion when both sides put aside political controversies to seek solutions.
(1) set aside :: deixar de banda
(2) put aside :: deixar de banda
(3) aside from :: a part de
(4) step aside :: fer-se a una banda
(5) cast aside :: rebutjar
(6) move aside :: apartar-se
(7) lay aside :: deixar de banda
(8) stand aside :: apartar-se
(9) brush aside :: deixar de banda
(10) push aside :: fer a un costat
1. to one side ::
a un costat
2. apart ::
3. away ::
4. whispered remark ::
5. digression ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's just a little savings I put ASIDE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 20
I'm just saying,
sometimes Raj and I feel pushed ASIDE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
Step ASIDE, country boy.
People working here.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
once a year, we set ASIDE
a day to celebrate
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
The Lannister, outraged,
shoves the cup ASIDE and demands another.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
English to Catalan Dictionary: aside
Meaning and definitions of aside, translation in Catalan language for aside with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of aside in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "aside"
What aside means in Catalan, aside meaning
in Catalan, aside definition, examples and pronunciation
of aside in Catalan language.