al voltant deal voltant
- al voltant
Adverb(1) in the area or vicinity(2) by a circular or circuitous route(3) used of movement to or among many different places or in no particular direction, or about(4) in a circle or circular motion(5) (of quantities(6) in or to a reversed position or direction(7) to a particular destination either specified or understood(8) all around or on all sides, or about(9) in circumference(10) from beginning to end; throughout
(1) A scheduled tour around the county was organised prior to the elderly guest's visit.(2) The bus will also serve Kirkwall, doing a route around the town between each trip to Stromness.(3) I'll be around shortly(4) He went in at the Hyde Park Corner gate and manoeuvred around the carriages and riders.(5) he walked around the airfield(6) his life revolves around drinking(7) she was messing around with a computer(8) They where commenting on how much more the area around had become very shabby.(9) She turned around and pointed in the direction of what looked like a little office.(10) I really had to resist the urge to loop an arm around his waist and rest my head on his chest.(11) around the corner(12) I'll be around for a while(13) Lucas was adamant about having a nice, reliable car for us to drive the baby around in.(14) she took a look around the place(15) Now it is done in a centrifuge, which whirls the milk around rapidly in a circular vessel.(16) She felt an arm around her shoulder and she leaned on him as they walked to her class.
(1) around the world :: al voltant del món
(2) hang around :: caminar
(3) look around :: mirar al voltant
(4) get around :: Fer voltes
(5) walk around :: fer un tomb
(6) fool around :: perdre el temps
(7) mess around :: embolicar-la
1. on every side ::
per totes bandes
3. nearby ::
4. about ::
5. approximately ::
6. round ::
7. on all sides of ::
en tots els costats
8. about ::
9. approximately ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Speaking of what goes AROUND
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
"'Turn back AROUND."'
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
with a belly full of wine
and a girl's mouth AROUND my cock.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
AMMA CRELLIN: Mama says
I need to be careful AROUND you.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
She was also interested in walking
AROUND my house in her underwear.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
English to Catalan Dictionary: around
Meaning and definitions of around, translation in Catalan language for around with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of around in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "around"
What around means in Catalan, around meaning
in Catalan, around definition, examples and pronunciation
of around in Catalan language.