Noun(1) a period of time containing 365 (or 366(2) a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity(3) the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars(4) a body of students who graduate together
(1) One of his tutors at Cambridge described him as a very good student but certainly not the top student in his year .(2) in the year 1991(3) a year later(4) we'll be there for a year(5) he's the youngest in his year(6) she's in the second year of the degree(7) she spent a year there(8) the Muslim year(9) it's a year late(10) Calendar dates of events vary slightly because there is not an exact number of solar days in a year .(11) in the year of our Lord 1979(12) The Claimant is a final year student at the Chelsea College of Article.(13) We have made it compulsory for the first year students to attend classes twice a week in the lab.(14) In essence the year is split into four equal seasons, each lasting 91 days plus a bit.(15) they're paid by the year(16) it's almost a year since his heart attack
(1) last year :: l'any passat
(2) next year :: l'any que vé
(3) this year :: aquest any
(4) every year :: cada any
(5) year of birth :: any de naixement
(6) leap year :: any de traspàs
(7) fiscal year :: any fiscal
(8) per year :: per any
1. twelve-month period ::
període de dotze mesos
2. class ::
3. twelvemonth ::
year, yearlies, yearly, years
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, sloth babies cling to their
mothers' bodies for almost a YEAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
We sleep together once a YEAR!
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
What are you going for,
Father of the Year?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
You've been engaged for over a YEAR.
You don't even have a wedding date.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 24
Riverrun can withstand
a siege for a YEAR.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
English to Catalan Dictionary: year
Meaning and definitions of year, translation in Catalan language for year with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of year in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "year"
What year means in Catalan, year meaning
in Catalan, year definition, examples and pronunciation
of year in Catalan language.