Noun(1) a period of indeterminate length (usually short
(1) After a while , the consensus on how to respond to the examples breaks down and the debate stalls.(2) I went back and watched TV for a while till Jess wanted to go back to her room.(3) The sky was almost black, while the trees and shrubs where all frosty pink.(4) the period while the animal remains alive(5) a diversion to while away the long afternoons(6) The result was a lengthy hiatus in the building work while another contractor was sought.(7) Some contracts offer just protection, while others provide investment links.(8) while I wouldn't recommend a night-time visit, by day the area is full of interest(9) None the less, for a while it became very difficult for writers to present their views artistically.(10) All this while my family was watching from inside the van, and in full view of all those in line.(11) Domitia finds the list while he sleeps, and joins others whose names are there in a conspiracy.(12) At this time kidneys were taken a little while after the donor's heart had stopped and death had been pronounced.(13) The victims were attacked while watching a cricket match between India and Pakistan on television.(14) Thus while we can start with Waltz, we certainly do not want to stop with him.(15) There were two bastards in the Jones household for a while - but only one of them was truly Jenny's.(16) he starts to draw, talking the while
(1) for a while :: per una estona
(2) once in a while :: de tant en tant
(3) a while :: un temps
(4) after a while :: després d'una estona
(5) in a while :: en una estona
(6) in a little while :: aquí a una estona
(7) a while ago :: Fa un temps
(8) every once in a while :: de tant en tant
(9) a little while :: una mica de temps
(10) wait a while :: espera un moment
1. during the time that ::
durant el temps que
2. when ::
3. as ::
4. whilst ::
5. time ::
6. spell ::
7. stretch ::
8. stint ::
9. span ::
10. interval ::
11. period ::
12. duration ::
13. phase ::
14. patch ::
15. pass ::
16. spend ::
17. occupy ::
18. use up ::
19. fritter ::
20. kill ::
while, whiled, whiles, whiling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hmm, I just have never been in this room
WHILE you're awake.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 12
You go ahead and talk
WHILE I figure it out.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
Occasionally, a new queen will arrive
WHILE the old queen is still in power.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
While you were off, where?
Traveling the world?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
While others mourned Lucky...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
English to Catalan Dictionary: while
Meaning and definitions of while, translation in Catalan language for while with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of while in Catalan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "while"
What while means in Catalan, while meaning in Catalan, while definition, examples and pronunciation of while in Catalan language.