Noun(1) trying something to find out about it(2) any standardized procedure for measuring sensitivity or memory or intelligence or aptitude or personality etc(3) a set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge(4) the act of undergoing testing(5) the act of testing something(6) a hard outer covering as of some amoebas and sea urchins
Verb(1) put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to(2) test or examine for the presence of disease or infection(3) examine someone's knowledge of something(4) show a certain characteristic when tested(5) achieve a certain score or rating on a test(6) determine the presence or properties of (a substance(7) undergo a test
(1) Since the beast was invincible by arrow or club the contest was a test of physical strength and endurance.(2) a spelling test(3) a statutory test of obscenity(4) Using the same pan, fry a small patty of the meat mixture and taste to test the seasoning.(5) This test is often positive in forms of blood vessel inflammation such as vasculitis.(6) This young lad, since passing his test , has written off two cars in self inflicted accidents.(7) The test , when placed in position, forms the bed of the furnace, with the long diameter transversely.(8) On test there was certainly very little buffeting or wind noise.(9) To test for overheating, touch your bare wrist to the barrel, near its end.(10) The best way to test a chilli for strength is to munch a bit before cooking.(11) The Bishop came to test us on our knowledge and woe betide the boy who failed to give an instant answer to his theological queries.(12) the exam will test accuracy and neatness(13) Validity standards are based on test content, not on which groups of students take the test .(14) If the HPV test is positive for the high risk type, then the patient warrants a closer look.(15) this is the first serious test of the peace agreement(16) It was an unequalled test of courage, strength and endurance, technique being less important than character.
(1) test tube :: proveta
(2) blood test :: anàlisi de sang
(3) to test :: per posar a prova
(4) pregnancy test :: test d'embaràs
(5) test drive :: examen de conduir
(6) test report :: informe de prova
(7) driving test :: examen de conducció
(8) placement test :: prova de nivell
(9) take a test :: fer un examen
(10) stress test :: prova d'esforç
1. trial ::
2. exam ::
3. trial run ::
període de prova
4. mental test ::
6. put a strain on ::
posar una tensió en
7. quiz ::
8. screen ::
9. essay ::
pretest, pretested, pretesting, pretests, test, testable, tested, tester, testers, testing, testings, tests
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I thought because our
relationship's in a beta TEST,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
Do we need a blood TEST?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 10
Is that gonna be on the TEST?
Because I don't think I can do that again.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 2
You mean like a beta TEST?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
Your TEST score says otherwise.
It tells me you don't get it at all.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 7
English to Catalan Dictionary: test
Meaning and definitions of test, translation in Catalan language for test with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of test in Catalan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "test"
What test means in Catalan, test meaning in Catalan, test definition, examples and pronunciation of test in Catalan language.