Noun(1) the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch(2) (psychology(3) special emphasis attached to something(4) difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension(5) (physics
Verb(1) to stress, single out as important(2) put stress on; utter with an accent(3) test the limits of
(1) In words of three syllables or more, stress usually falls on the penultimate syllable.(2) This exemplifies his wider, justified stress , on the importance of Burgundian-Netherlands culture and protagonists for Italian culture.(3) The essays also stress how important were the dynamics of receiving cultures for the appropriation and interpretation of Christianity.(4) He cannot work under stress and tension due to his very high blood pressure.(5) It is such differences in pitch and stress that automated speech synthesis methods have difficulty capturing and reproducing.(6) she was anxious to stress that her daughter's safety was her only concern(7) normally, the stress falls on the first syllable(8) This would exert further mechanical stress on the pigments of the pastel increasing the likelihood of dislodgement.(9) He highlights intonationally the syllable of each word that is its normal main stress .(10) Measures of oxidative stress are correlated with the degree of impairment of LV function.(11) The normally-stressed vowel is deleted, with stress shifted back to the initial syllable.(12) Although stress makes blood pressure rise temporarily, there's doubt about whether it can contribute to a long-term increase.(13) Further examples of this style of stress and emphasis can be found in all these three initial verses of the text.(14) Free speech may well be in the minds of judges - and indeed, many judges in media cases stress how important free speech is.(15) The application of controlled subatmospheric pressure causes mechanical stress to tissues.(16) But Hahn thinks that ├ö├ç├┐the animal is the best sensor,├ö├ç├û and respiration rate is a way to measure heat stress .
(1) stress test :: prova d'esforç
(2) shear stress :: esforç tallant
(3) tensile stress :: esforç de tracció
(4) under stress :: Sota estrés
(5) sentence stress :: estrès frase
(6) yield stress :: límit de fluència
(7) oxidative stress :: estrès oxidatiu
(8) main stress :: accent principal
(9) shearing stress :: tensió de cisallament
(10) hoop stress :: tensió del cèrcol
1. strain ::
2. emphasis ::
3. pressure ::
5. accent ::
6. focus ::
7. emphasize ::
8. place the emphasis on ::
posar l'accent en
9. overstretch ::
10. strain ::
11. accent ::
stress, stressed, stresses, stressful, stressing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...and I find
that when I'm undergoing STRESS...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
Juan, you sound lik e
you're under a lot of STRESS.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 8
It has caused her
a lot of STRESS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
and I can't STRESS how key this is...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
...as much as using men as tools
for STRESS release.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
English to Catalan Dictionary: stress
Meaning and definitions of stress, translation in Catalan language for stress with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of stress in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "stress"
What stress means in Catalan, stress meaning
in Catalan, stress definition, examples and pronunciation
of stress in Catalan language.