- parellaparellataparellamentparellsper parelles
Noun(1) a set of two similar things considered as a unit(2) two items of the same kind(3) two people considered as a unit(4) a poker hand with 2 cards of the same value
Verb(1) form a pair or pairs(2) bring two objects, ideas, or people together(3) occur in pairs(4) arrange in pairs(5) engage in sexual intercourse
(1) Once outside, Rebecca donned a pair of sunglasses, effectively hiding her silvery eyes.(2) I quickly hurried over to the closet and pulled out my cleanest pair of jeans.(3) Then I was idly wondering what kind of sauce to pair with this pasta.(4) I yanked a white boat neck sweater over the gray halter to pair with the pleated gray skirt I was wearing.(5) I think one of them had a pair of nines and one had a pair of aces.(6) In many species pairs are stable for at least three years, and some butterflyfishes may pair for life.(7) So singletons out there, don't give up hope, your pair is out there somewhere!(8) He added a pair of filters that correspond to two bands of infrared light needed to detect aflatoxin and fumonisin.(9) Pair a basic pair of jeans with a shirt you really like, or a cool belt or shoes.(10) Grab a pair of sharp scissors and at least two pairs of pants you won't miss until next winter.(11) The proposed jackpot would be awarded, for a side bet, to players receiving both a royal flush and a pair of aces.(12) a company run by a pair of brothers(13) a pair of scissors(14) Females pair with a male within a day of arriving and begin building their first nest within a few days.(15) Sally suggests putting together a pair of straight trousers with a biggish top and a belt slung around loosely.(16) get out, the pair of you
(1) au pair :: au pair
(2) a pair of :: un parell de
(3) a pair :: un parell
(4) a pair of shoes :: un parell de sabates
(5) pair up :: aparellar
(6) pair of scissors :: parell de tisores
(7) pair of shoes :: parell de sabates
(8) a pair of scissors :: unes tisores
(9) a pair of trousers :: un parell de pantalons
(10) pair of pants :: parell de pantalons
2. two ::
3. couplet ::
4. couple ::
5. duad ::
6. brace ::
7. match ::
8. geminate ::
9. pair off ::
10. mate ::
11. twin ::
pair, paired, pairing, pairings, pairs, pairwise
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
with a PAIR of blunt-tip scissors,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
I've seen you two whispering in the
night, giggling like a PAIR of girls.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
He gave her a PAIR of diamond
earrings and leased her a car.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
Well, let me just go find a PAIR
of shoes that aren't so tall.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
A second what? Pair of underwear?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
English to Catalan Dictionary: pair
Meaning and definitions of pair, translation in Catalan language for pair with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of pair in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "pair"
What pair means in Catalan, pair meaning
in Catalan, pair definition, examples and pronunciation
of pair in Catalan language.