Noun(1) an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman(2) someone who serves in the armed forces; a member of a military force(3) the generic use of the word to refer to any human being(4) any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage(5) a male subordinate(6) an adult male person who has a manly character (virile and courageous competent(7) a manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer(8) a male person who plays a significant role (husband or lover or boyfriend(9) one of the British Isles in the Irish Sea(10) game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games(11) all of the living human inhabitants of the earth
Verb(1) take charge of a certain job; occupy a certain work place(2) provide with workers
(1) he worked as an ice-cream man(2) it's awesome, man!(3) Some historians claim this is the most graphic example of man's inhumanity to man .(4) CNN's man in India(5) I'll get a man in to do it(6) It's great country this. A man could live well here and raise a family.(7) Cro-Magnon man(8) A man could get used to that sort of lifestyle.(9) She was instrumental in raising people's awareness of man 's impact on the environment.(10) Ben is also a kind and decent man who is held in high regard by all those who have worked with him.(11) It should be the sort of manly thing I get my man to do, but he leaves computers to me.(12) Their driver was a burly, bearded man in his forties.(13) As soon as we established that Elener was a former Securicor employee, we were fairly sure he was our man .(14) an army man(15) Having been trained at Harvard both as a medical man and an anthropologist, you'd think his take on scientific issues of our day would be worth noting.(16) I don't have a problem with women hitting on my man ├ö├ç┬¬ why wouldn't they?
(1) old man :: vell
(2) young man :: home jove
(3) the man :: l'home
(4) best man :: el millor home
(5) handsome man :: home guapo
(6) wise man :: home savi
(7) a man :: un home
(8) real man :: home de veritat
(9) my man :: el meu home
(10) man-made :: fet per l'home
1. male ::
2. human being ::
3. the human race ::
la raça humana
4. worker ::
5. boyfriend ::
6. military personnel ::
8. gentleman's gentleman ::
cavaller de cavallers
9. human ::
10. piece ::
11. staff ::
12. operate ::
conman, man, mans, postman, unman, unmans
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
MAN to MAN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
- Perhaps you will, my little love.
- This MAN is my prisoner.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
Oh! Put me on your
magical boat, MAN.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
I mean, say something,
MAN, all right?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
Now, if Man-Bat dressed up as a MAN
to fight crime,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
English to Catalan Dictionary: man
Meaning and definitions of man, translation in Catalan language for man with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of man in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "man"
What man means in Catalan, man meaning
in Catalan, man definition, examples and pronunciation
of man in Catalan language.