a una gran profunditat, a la part profunda, fins al fonsfondo, profund
- profundaprofundirmés profundamés profundaprofundament
Noun(1) the central and most intense or profound part(2) a long steep-sided depression in the ocean floor(3) literary term for an ocean
Adjective(1) relatively deep or strong; affecting one deeply(2) marked by depth of thinking(3) having great spatial extension or penetration downward or inward from an outer surface or backward or laterally or outward from a center; sometimes used in combination(4) very distant in time or space(5) intense or extreme(6) having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range(7) strong; intense(8) relatively thick from top to bottom(9) extending relatively far inward(10) (of darkness(11) large in quantity or size(12) with head or back bent low(13) of an obscure nature(14) difficult to penetrate; incomprehensible to one of ordinary understanding or knowledge(15) exhibiting great cunning usually with secrecy
Adverb(1) to a great depth; far down or in(2) to an advanced time(3) to a great distance
(1) how deep is the pool?(2) Once she was settled in with an arm slung over his chest, she sighed a deep breath of relief.(3) The people are warm and welcoming with a deep awareness of the past and great pride in the richness of their culture.(4) He looked really deep in thought and sad at the same time.(5) He walked up to her and stood very close, looking deep into her eyes with concern.(6) Stock markets have reacted to the deep uncertainties this year by marking time.(7) Just behind him, a deep trench has been cut in the pristine lawns and a team of archaeologists are busy scraping at the exposed soil.(8) He had short golden blonde hair and deep blue eyes behind thin framed glasses.(9) He acted as if she'd been deep in conversation with him, and didn't even introduce himself.(10) deep ideas(11) Eleanor made sure she was deep enough in the pool before she turned around.(12) It was a deep feeling of dissatisfaction, and it was making ordinary people do very crazy things.(13) The other motorists were most cooperative, and the policemen on duty were deep in conversation.(14) They were a rather mysterious, deep blue, so much so that they nearly blended in with their pupils.(15) Scotland is pinning its hopes on the retail sector to keep it out of a deep recession.(16) deep within the brain
(1) deep blue :: blau profund
(2) deep breath :: respiració profunda
(3) deep water :: aïgues profundes
(4) deep love :: profund amor
(5) deep sleep :: el somni profund
(6) take a deep breath :: respira profundament
(7) deep sea :: Mar profund
1. cavernous ::
3. intense ::
4. sound ::
5. profound ::
6. rapt ::
7. obscure ::
8. low-pitched ::
de to baix
9. dark ::
11. rich ::
12. abstruse ::
13. thick ::
14. bass ::
15. far down ::
16. far ::
17. late ::
19. sea ::
20. middle ::
21. oceanic abyss ::
1. shallow ::
2. shoal ::
3. skin-deep ::
a flor de pell
4. superficial ::
5. surface ::
deep, deepen, deepened, deepening, deepens, deeper, deepest, deeply, deepness, deeps
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Hey, you look
DEEP in thought.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
Let them come. My roots are sunk DEEP.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
(THX\'S \"DEEP NOTE\"
PLAYS OVER SPEAKERS)
"' alt="(THX\'S \"DEEP NOTE\"
PLAYS OVER SPEAKERS)
(THX'S "DEEP NOTE"
PLAYS OVER SPEAKERS)
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 11
but DEEP down you know it's not
the honorable way to do it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
Yeah, let's see how DEEP a hole
they could dig for themselves.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 19
English to Catalan Dictionary: deep
Meaning and definitions of deep, translation in Catalan language for deep with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of deep in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "deep"
What deep means in Catalan, deep meaning
in Catalan, deep definition, examples and pronunciation
of deep in Catalan language.