Noun(1) a railcar where passengers ride(2) a vehicle with wheels drawn by one or more horses(3) characteristic way of bearing one's body(4) a machine part that carries something else(5) a small vehicle with four wheels in which a baby or child is pushed around
(1) a US army howitzer and carriage(2) Time is once again drawn out in the steps scene when a woman notices a baby carriage about to roll down the steps.(3) a horse-drawn carriage(4) her carriage was graceful, her movements quick and deft(5) Small (four-seat) and expensive, they offered carriage at speed and cost two to three times that by stage wagon.(6) The man who had just spoken was a slender one, fair of feature, and his carriage was bold as he approached my position.(7) This also means swiveling around the sliding carriage that holds the file, and duplicating the angles you used earlier.(8) A covered carriage with sled runners pulled by four strong horses is awaiting its passengers.(9) Applying this test, it is clear that an arbitration clause is not directly relevant to the shipment, carriage and delivery of goods.(10) It may be that in a few years the letter rate will be meaningless, as nobody sends letters anymore, and the other rates simply reflect the cost of carriage .(11) He was no older than myself but he had the bearing and carriage of a full grown man.(12) That is no reason why a contract should not subsequently be made to include an obligation of proper carriage from the commencement of the voyage.(13) Amtrak also competes with Greyhound and other private bus lines in passenger carriage .(14) Nasal carriage of organisms may predispose to recurrent infection in an individual.(15) Also, make sure that you have the paperwork to prove that you've paid for it's carriage otherwise you might find that it's not going on the plane.(16) But it was a busy train, and the carriage did not stay private for long.
(1) baby carriage :: cotxet de nadó
(2) carriage return :: retorn de carro
(3) railway carriage :: vagó
(4) carriage paid :: port pagat
(5) horse carriage :: cotxe de cavalls
(6) carriage forward :: al preu de cotització
(7) horseless carriage :: carruatge sense cavalls
(8) carriage bolt :: pern de carro
(9) contract of carriage :: contracte de transport
1. coach ::
2. posture ::
3. equipage ::
4. pram ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Joffrey tells me you
stopped your CARRIAGE at Flea Bottom
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
And the biggest was the size of a CARRIAGE.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
No, do you trust the CARRIAGE driver
or the knights escorting us?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
English to Catalan Dictionary: carriage
Meaning and definitions of carriage, translation in Catalan language for carriage with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of carriage in Catalan and in English
Tags for the entry "carriage"
What carriage means in Catalan, carriage meaning
in Catalan, carriage definition, examples and pronunciation
of carriage in Catalan language.