Noun(1) a state or condition markedly different from the norm(2) a disorder in one's mental state(3) an optical phenomenon resulting from the failure of a lens or mirror to produce a good image
(1) they described the outbreak of violence in the area as an aberration(2) His experience may be transformed from an unfortunate aberration into official company policy.(3) In fact, the years between 1660 and 1685 were something of an aberration , a brief period of calm in an otherwise choppy sea.(4) That was an aberration , one of those ironic blips that sport throws up from time to time.(5) I see these activities as some kind of mental aberration(6) Having grown up during the heady days of the late 1990s, they think the current period is an aberration .(7) However, if the most recent 50 years in the history of war have truly been dictated by ideological instead of resource motivations, the period would represent a unique aberration .(8) To eliminate the residual aberration in the spherical lens, we need to increase the refractive index of the glass.(9) Indeed it may well be that far from an aberration or even sinful distortion, the normal and proper condition of society, and even of the Church, is one of dispute and conflict.(10) This was still an astronomical method, but Bradley used observations of the aberration of light from stars.(11) The realtor said the difference between the two areas was probably just an aberration .(12) This wasn't an aberration - last year was the aberration .(13) He understood mathematically why a spherical mirror produces aberration .(14) Petzval is best remembered for his work on optical lenses and lens aberration done in the early 1840's.(15) According to the revisionists, mechanical television was an aberration which is not to be taken seriously.(16) What went on over that short period of time was an aberration .
(1) chromatic aberration :: aberració cromàtica
(2) spherical aberration :: aberració esfèrica
1. anomaly ::
2. deviance ::
3. distortion ::
1. mind ::
2. sanity ::
aberration, aberrational, aberrations
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- I didn't know you ate here.
- We don't. This is a disturbing ABERRATION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 5
English to Catalan Dictionary: aberration
Meaning and definitions of aberration, translation in Catalan language for aberration with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of aberration in Catalan and in English language.
Tags for the entry "aberration"
What aberration means in Catalan, aberration meaning in Catalan, aberration definition, examples and pronunciation of aberration in Catalan language.